A library is a safe and free place for believing in Chicago. Funding cuts made to this great city organization is a strangling of a billion voices in our books, and of the people who work for and read and value the body of our knowledge. If that body is not treated as sacred we disgrace creation and every faith and lack thereof. A library is a house that keeps all of us.
Fred Sasaki, Associate Editor, Poetry Magazine
The Chicago Library Coalition is seeking coalition partners! Branch by branch, ward by ward, our strategy is to galvanize community organizations that are willing to stand up and speak out on behalf of Chicago Public Library. We want to involve both neighborhood organizations and city-wide organizations Specifically, the Coalition would like these organizations to:
- Stay informed about Chicago Public Library issues.
- Contact the Coalition about becoming a Coalition Partner.
- Speak out in support of the library at key times.
- Spread the word and encourage your constituents to get involved.
- Sample letters to the editor and for public officials
- Downloadable flyers and art